Friday, October 26, 2012

MoFo #26: Cookie Butter Brownies

When I went to Trader Joe's a few weeks ago (posted here), I picked up a jar of their Cookie Butter. I've seen this, and the original Biscoff spread, all over the internet. I picked up a jar, but had no idea what to cook with this stuff... Enter Pinterest. I saw a brownie recipe with cookie butter swirled into the batter. I didn't swirl mine enough, so it took some extra time to cook the middle all the way. I also didn't use shortening, because 6 Tbs of shortening sounded a little icky. I went with coconut oil instead as a way to use some of the jar lurking in the pantry. I had several of these ingredients lurking in my pantry - Hershey's Special Dark cacao powder, Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips, coconut oil (Whole Foods' store brand), and cookie butter. I used regular all-purpose flour instead of spelt flour, since I have never bought spelt flour. Once the middle section cooked through, I decided to dive in! Yum! The cookie butter adds a hint of sweetness to the dark chocolate flavor from the cacao powder. The weather today was perfect for baking, it's only about 60*F outside! That's COLD for a southerner like me!
IMG_0375 IMG_0377 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment