Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MoFo #16: Chick'n Fried Seitan with White Gravy

Let me get this post up before tonight's debate starts. This weekend I made chick'n fried seitan with white gravy from Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites. The seitan recipe is pretty basic, but I decided to use panko bread crumbs instead of the sweet corn cereal suggested. I don't like cereal, so the idea of coating the seitan cutlet with Captain Crunch grossed me out a little. One of the seitan cutlets doesn't get breaded and fried, instead it is minced to serve as sausage in the white gravy. I made this American classic, even frying it for authenticity, and served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli. I made too many mashed potatoes, so I need to find a creative way to use them up. Overall, these were good and they reheated well.
IMG_0337 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment