Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MoFo #24: Chloe's Stuffed Shells

I'm returning to Chloe's Kitchen finally! I'm enjoying using some of my other cookbooks during MoFo, but I was working my way through this book during September. I decided to make the stuffed shells. The tofu ricotta does not call for nutritional yeast, which was a change from the way I learned to make it in Vegan with a Vengeance. I pressed my tofu using my Tofu Xpress, instead of just draining it, so I made less shells than the recipe intended. The recipe also calls for 3 cups fresh basil, but I used some dried basil that my labmate made with his garden's excess basil. I usually include some spinach in shells, but I forgot to grab some at the store. The arrabbiata sauce was quite good, even with my extra pinch of red pepper flakes. Overall, these were very good, but I'd include some spinach and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast-based parmesan cheese next time. Please ignore how awful the lighting is in this photo...
IMG_0370 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment