Wednesday, October 10, 2012

MoFo #10: Autumn Lasagna

This lasagna is made with many autumn flavors - butternut squash, three types of mushrooms, and toasted pecans. The recipe is from Vegan Planet. I used portobella, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms as the mixed mushrooms. I peeled and grated two small butternut squashes, even though the recipe called for just one squash. I have never cooked with butternut squash, so I wasn't sure how much space inside the squash was taken up by seeds. I prepared the lasagna and baked it a day before I planned to eat it. The author's notes suggest that you could create the layers and then bake it the next day. I just baked mine in advance so I could microwave the portions when I get home from work. I served this lasagna with broccoli, as the recipe suggested serving it with broccoli or another green vegetable. In the interest of full disclosure, I did not toast my pecans, even though the book tells you how to toast nuts. In the second picture, I tried to scoop out some of the filling for you to see it.
IMG_0312 IMG_0316 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment