Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MoFo #3 - Falafel Sliders

This is the first recipe where I've marked some notes in the margins of Chloe's Kitchen. I love falafel, so I knew I wanted to make the falafel sliders featured in the book. I didn't really care for the tahini sauce, since tahini is a little bitter. The avocado hummus tasted a little salty right after I made it, but it was fine in the leftovers. I also only used 1 tsp olive oil in the hummus, just enough to get the food processor going. These are small issues, not a complete recipe failure. I used white wheat dinner rolls, since I couldn't find wheat slider buns. I also soaked my own chickpeas and cooked them in my little slow cooker for several hours. I always cook my own beans for recipes, because it's cheaper and less salty than using canned beans. I served these with tots and some mixed veggies (a freezer staple for a meal that needs a quick veggie side).
IMG_0289-1 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. That is all. I suddenly feel the need to find some mini buns for the falafel I plan to make later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they adorable?! I got 12 small patties from the recipe, but it calls for 14 buns. I have never seen a package of 14! Oh yeah, another modification - I only used 1 teaspoon olive oil in the hummus instead of the 1/4 cup called for in the recipe. With avocado and tahini providing healthy fats, I saw no reason to add that much oil. I used the tsp to get the food processor moving.

    ReplyDelete