Monday, October 22, 2012

MoFo #22: Oven S'mores

Today, I achieved internet fame. It's true. It's all downhill from here... Probably not quite as exciting as Cristin earning her PhD today, but hey, I'll take what I can get in the excitement department these days. ;)

I was watching an episode of The Pioneer Woman on Food Network recently. Although she loves butter as much as (or more than) Paula Deen, I couldn't resist watching Ree Drummond's show. She was making kids' food, including s'mores for a camping trip. She mentioned that you can wrap the s'mores in foil and bake them in the oven if you weren't camping. I decided to give that a try this past weekend. I used Nabisco original graham crackers (no honey, but they do have hydrogenated oils), Sweet & Sara vegan marshmallows (vanilla flavor), and an Endangered Species dark chocolate bar with cacao nibs. Yum! The marshmallow got soft enough to squish and the chocolate melted. I waited a few minutes after taking them out of the oven, so I wouldn't burn myself on hot chocolate. The crackers were softer out of the oven than after I let them cool, so they were crisp when I bit into the s'more. Yum!
IMG_0352 IMG_0359 Photobucket

2 comments: