- Chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengenance
- Oatmeal raisin cookies - omitted the walnuts
- Mini donuts from VeganYumYum - used almond milk
- Oreos-style cookies from Smitten Kitchen - veganized by using Ener-g instead of egg and Earth Balance instead of butter
- Brownie bites dusted with powdered sugar
- Peanut butter cookies - veganized by using Ener-g instead of egg and soy milk instead of milk
- Gingersnaps - veganized by using Ener-g instead of egg
*I noted that the peanut butter cookies and gingersnap doughs did not look like they really needed the Ener-g.
- Red velvet cupcakes were for a dinner with kickball folks so it counts. I used 1/3 cup apple sauce and 1/3 cup oil, instead of the 2/3 cup oil in the recipe, definitely improves the texture!
- Tried to make the chocolate oatmeal cookies from Garden of Vegan, but because I portioned my dough into smaller balls than the recipe called for, they burned. I should have reduced the oven temp, but didn't think of that. The dough in the center that wasn't burned was delicious, so I will try again one day. I ended up making a double batch of the Coffee Break Muffins from the same book, which had a cinnamon-sugar sprinkling on top of the dough before making. Made it taste like a little coffee cake.
I have also made sloppy joes lentils, Berbere stew, and the apple pie from American Vegan Kitchen, but didn't get any photos.
Tofu and Sweet Potatoes over Cajun Quinoa
Black Bean Salad - cooked it on the stove and served with quinoa in a whole wheat wrap
Chickpea and Potato Curry - did not serve with rice because potatoes have enough carbs for me
Vegan English Muffins - had these for breakfast, but also used them for mini pizzas with Daiya mozzarrella and Yves pepperoni
Breakfast for Dinner - from top left clockwise: seitan bacon, tofu scramble from Vegan with a Vegenance, waffles, and hash browns
Chick'n Burgers - used one cup white beans and omitted the chickpea flour
Mexican Grilled Tofu on skewers with pineapple and tricolor sweet peppers - used chipotle chili powder instead of regular chili powder for an extra kick - I have made the BBQ sauce listed with the recipe but it's waaay too much for one person to use up
Seitan Madras with Naan Bread - used a lot more seitan than I think the madras recipe called for because I had a lot on hand and I veganized the naan bread using soy yogurt and Earth Balance
Chickpea Curry with Thai Basil - got fresh Thai Basil from a friend, but I wish this recipe had twice as many chickpeas
Thai Tamarind and Cashew Tofu - Since I didn't make the tamarind/chile paste from scratch, I used 3 Tbsp tamarind paste from the local Asian market + 2 Tbsp Asian chile garlic sauce. It had a strange flavor at first bite but by the end I was hooked.
Creole black-eyed peas - these froze really well. I know the photo is crappy, I took it on my iPhone.
Curried split pea soup with homemade wheat bread - Turns out I should have cooked the split peas to the point of falling apart. I only cooked them until they were tender. I didn't have black mustard seeds and I hate fennel. Either way, I thought it was bland in flavor so I added black pepper, cayenne, lemon juice, and a little shake of salt. I would not recommend this recipe as is. However, the bread was good. I made it in my bread machine using a modified recipe from Bread Machine Magic. I picked the Heavenly Whole Wheat bread recipe, but left out the instant potato flakes and optional vital wheat gluten and used Earth Balance instead of butter.