Friday, October 19, 2012

MoFo #19: Quesadillas with Upton's Seitan

Have you ever had Friday afternoon apathy? Once I got my Western blot running today, I felt like I just needed a nap. It happens sometimes. It's even worse than a normal Friday afternoon because I have to work tomorrow. I had a great stew recipe planned for tonight's dinner, but I forgot to start the beans this morning and had no desire to do prep work tonight. *sigh* Thankfully, I had a few things in my fridge that I could throw together for a quick dinner. (That's the upside of living in a city where I can find new vegan products!) I started with wheat tortillas, some Daiya cheese (both mozzarella and cheddar shreds), and Upton's Naturals Seitan in chorizo flavor. The seitan is the new item, since I have found Daiya cheeses in many different places in Florida. The chorizo flavor tasted perfect for tacos. I put the Daiya cheese and Upton's seitan on one half of my tortilla, then folded the other half over the top. I baked these for ~15 mins at 350*F, enough to melt the cheese and make the tortilla crispy. If I wasn't totally apathetic today, I would have served this with some type of vegetable on the side. I had some dark chocolate instead. :)
IMG_0351 IMG_0353-3 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment