Thursday, October 18, 2012

MoFo #18: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these muffins a few days ago, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them. The recipes calls for a banana or apple sauce, so I used apple sauce. All my bananas are frozen for smoothies, but I had somehow had apple sauce in the pantry. I cut the agave back to 1/2 cup, because I really don't care for the stuff and I've never used it in a quantity greater than a tablespoon. I couldn't taste it in the final product, but the muffins also weren't sweet. I think I would use 1/2 cup sugar and some extra soy milk for sweeter muffins. Another thing I'd change in the future is to omit the coconut oil and use all peanut butter, so that the PB flavor is stronger. I wanted the PB to be the prominent flavor with hints of chocolate chips. These muffins were OK, but not what I would have expected when considering the recipe and photo. Live and learn, right? Baking is an adventure.
IMG_0343-2 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Do you have 500 Vegan Recipes? There's a peanut butter-chocolate-oatmeal muffin in there that also has applesauce (and sugar!) that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds good! I'll have to see if I get view the recipe through Amazon's preview feature, since I do not yet own that cookbook.

    ReplyDelete