Friday, September 26, 2014

MoFo #26: Out for Lunch - Genghis Grill, WF Sushi

My mom and I were running errands last week around lunchtime. She's always concerned about where I can find food. I tell her we can go anywhere and I'll be fine. As we driving down the road, we saw that Genghis Grill was open. I thought that location had closed, but I was happy to see it's still open. The idea is that you build your own bowl, it gets cooked on a big grill, and they add a starch of your choosing. The ingredients bar starts with animal protein, but I skipped down to the spices and veggies. I noticed they had a mixed bean selection in the veggie area, that's new! I chose tofu (of course), baby corn, bamboo shoots, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and one of the sauces that did not list shellfish or dairy in the allergens or contain honey in the name. I picked udon noodles for the starch, then topped the bowl with sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, and sriracha.
 photo e1602616-c0c7-4fff-95d8-4cf729e84279_zps1725b13d.jpg


As I said in an earlier post, I went out looking for Halloween costume stuff and stopped at Whole Foods in Tampa. I picked up sushi and veggie dumplings for lunch. I used the little packet of low salt soy sauce to add a little umami. I was able to sit outside and enjoy my little lunch before heading back home. I did find a dress and shoes for my costume! I still need two more things, but I have a little more time before I go to Japan. :)
 photo a4f80e94-f47f-4e84-a487-ad2e63358517_zps9e472f6a.jpg


 photo IMG_3507_zps78889aa2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment