Monday, September 1, 2014

MoFo #1: Labor Day Plate

Welcome to 2014 MoFo! I'm home in Florida for the month, so I decided last minute to participate this year. I have a ton of photos from the last couple months to share. I'm sure there will be another period of absence in October as I move to Tokyo. The dude is already there. We used Facetime the other day so I could see our new apartment in Shibuya.

Labor Day is an unofficial end of summer, meaning people try to BBQ and swim one last time with friends. However, I live in the south and our weather is hot enough for swimming until October at least. I made some veggie dogs with chili-spiced beans and Daiya cheese, corn, and watermelon to eat. The beans came with some southwestern sauce, but they weren't very saucy. I added a bunch of cumin, chili powder, paprika, minced garlic, and onion powder. I debated adding tomato sauce, but didn't feel like heating everything together. For a snack, I had spicy boiled peanuts. Don't laugh that I forgot to buy buns at the grocery store, so I used regular wheat bread instead.
 photo c5b87f9e-a79e-40ed-ad8d-5a90ac6d41ed_zps92fd5f90.jpg  photo 31810cf7-9aa2-490f-b5c8-3eb4edb53f21_zps1e9de2d4.jpg  photo 67f30116-f72a-46e6-aa6d-dcdd8da2b447_zpsc099cb4e.jpg


 photo IMG_3507_zps78889aa2.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Happy Vegan MoFo! I'm going to try and blog hop off the blog roll a little each day and yours was towards the top!!!! Looking forward to your posts this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya fellow mofo-er, your post made me giggle I'm always forgetting the buns so I have to use sliced bread too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy MoFo! My dad always eats his with bread instead of a bun so that's a common sight in my parents house! Congrats on your big move to Japan, that sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the veggie dogs on sale at Publix, like 2 packs for $5. Now I have to figure out what to do with the second pack.

    ReplyDelete