Thursday, March 3, 2011

Let them eat cake! Hello Kitty cake!

Today is my roomie's birthday, so last night we celebrated. We had originally planned to go Vietnamese Express Cafe, but decided instead on Yu-Mi. There were 4 people in our party, which is a large party for a place as small as Yu-Mi. After waiting 1.5 hours, we finally gave up hope that we'd get a table and walked over to Ale House. At Ale House, our server gave my roomie a decadent piece of ice cream cake. Makes up for the crazy wait for a table we never got at Yu-Mi. After that, we returned to our apartment for Hello Kitty cake and gift exchange. For the cake, we used a chocolate cake recipe, adding in some Sunspire semi-sweet chocolate chips. Unfortunately, the cake was darkening on the edge but didn't cook completely in the center. I told my roomie to turn the oven heat down and keep baking it, but she was afraid it would burn. The frosting was veganized from the buttercream recipe provided with the pan, which is similar to this recipe. The ear piece that I ate was delicious. :)


Photobucket


In other news, I got a new camera! It is a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS. Cristin has the same camera and highly recommended it. Let's hope that I don't lose this one!


Photobucket


To see how awesome the photos will be with 12.1 megapixels, I snapped a photo of my burrito at Moe's tonight. This is a Homewrecker burrito with a wheat tortilla, rice, black beans, double tofu portion, guacamole, corn salsa, and lettuce. Nom nom nom. Devoured this... And all the chips and side of guacamole...


Photobucket


Alright, I'm on vacation! Mardi Gras weekend, here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment