Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living It Up in Louisiana

Last night, I went to Brightside Bar & Grill, which was my favorite bar when I lived in Baton Rouge. A few of my friends showed up, including Scott. I finally was able to return his extra set of keys for his Snap-On tool box. He was shocked that I still had them.

This morning, I went for a 3.8 mile run down the new sidewalks! Way to go, BR, for finally putting a sidewalk all the way down Brightside. After taking a shower, I went back to Truly Free Bakery for breakfast. This morning, I bought tofu scramble (tofu, red and green peppers, red onion, tomato, potato). I wanted the tofu scramble tacos, but the homemade tortillas were all gone when I showed up. I added Daiya cheese and avocado to the tofu scramble. When I got home, I had a soy yogurt and a banana.


Photobucket


I bought some little gluten-free vegan doughnuts to enjoy later in the day. These were essentially my lunch with a Gala apple. They were so freakin' good. I can't believe ALL of the baked goods are gluten-free AND vegan. They were moist, the frostings were delicious, and they didn't have any weird after-taste (which I kinda expected from gluten-free).


Photobucket


On my way home from breakfast, I saw this float parked in someone's yard. It must be from last night's SouthDowns parade.


Photobucket


For dinner, we went to Whole Foods on Corporate Blvd. I bought tofu mataar, channa masala, rice, and madras potatoes from the hot bar, then a cup of vegan chocolate pudding and a Lake Champlain dark chocolate square with almonds.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment