Monday, March 7, 2011

"Throw me something, mister!"

Yesterday, I went to Truly Free Bakery with high hopes of getting the waffles I had seen listed on the breakfast menu. Turns out they are closed on Sundays, so I tried going to Perks Coffee & Tea for a bagel. I just put "bagel place" into Google Maps and picked Perks since it's in a part of town I never really went to. Well, they had a big notice on the door and were not open. I saw a breakfast and lunch place on the way, so I turned around to go back to Zeeland Street Market, only to discover they were closed too. I drove to the nearest CC's coffee on Perkins and got oatmeal, which was terrible because it had too much water. I dumped out a bunch of the water in their bushes out front, spilling hot water on my jeans, which led to lots of cursing. Anyways, after a terrible breakfast, I made sure to get a damn good lunch! A friend had told me about Frankie's Dawg House because they serve tofu dogs. The shop was super cute with great outdoor seating. They have a ton of dressing combinations, but you're free to make your own dressing with the available ingredients. In addition to tofu dogs, they have alligator and duck too, if you're into things like that. I ordered two tofu dogs, one dressed Greek-style (hummus, artichoke hearts, olives, and red bell pepper) and one dressed with simple grilled onions and peppers. I would have switched regular black olives for Kalamata if they had them on the Greek dog and added banana peppers to the other dog if I had thought about my topping choices harder. The dogs were sooo good and the side of fries was a giant basket! The service was great, because the employees came outside to my table to ask if I was enjoying the food. Apparently, they sell a lot of their tofu dogs! (FYI: They use LightLife Jumbo dogs.)


Photobucket


Due to yesterday's rains, Endymion was moved from Saturday to Sunday, meaning Endymion would roll after Bacchus. We stayed in BR on Saturday night and took it easy. Sunday, I drove us down to the Crescent City and successfully managed to navigate the city and find parking without having an anxiety attack. We went to hang out in the Ritz Carlton, where a friend is staying, after watching the daytime parade on Canal St. We ventured out to Bourbon St. to hit up my favorite bar, the Bourbon Street Blues Company. I absolutely love it there. I just missed two of my friends, so I was pretty bummed because I haven't seen them yet on this trip. We partied and danced, then walked down the street to get snacks and people watch.


Best Bar on Bourbon
Photobucket

Captain Morgan promotion team
Photobucket

Ritz Carlton courtyard
Photobucket

In case you don't want to show your real boobs, buy these.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment