Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

Laissez les bon temps rouler! This giant cookie is from Truly Free Bakery and I can't wait to eat it later today.


Photobucket


Yesterday, I went to Izzo's Illegal Burritos for lunch with some friends. I got a vegetarian burrito with rice, black beans, grilled onions and mushrooms, lettuce, corn salsa, and guacamole. The tortilla was chipotle cayenne! I got a regular size burrito, but they have two larger sizes. The Illegal size is insanely big, enough to feed two to three people maybe!


Photobucket


Then, I went to LSU to see Mike the Tiger. This is Mike V, a mix of Siberian and Bengal tiger. He was born at a sanctuary that is not supposed to breed tigers, but apparently a male tiger ripped through a fence to get to a female tiger. LSU "donated" money to the sanctuary to receive the tiger, since it's illegal to buy a tiger in Louisiana. LSU used to keep the tiger in a really tiny cage, but a $1M habitat with heated turf was built when LSU almost got sued by some animal rights group. In addition to heated turf, there's a pool and waterfall, some toys, and logs to scratch.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I heard the Northgate has been developed a lot, so I walked around there in the afternoon. Northgate is home to The Chimes, Roul's deli, Northgate tavern, Louie's, Cane's, and Reginelli's pizzeria. However, the Northgate is now home to all those shops, as well as Buffalo Wild Wings, Menchie's fro-yo, Koi sushi, Storyville, Akasha Express, Pita Pit, and a few other new shops! It's nice to see BR developing.


Photobucket


After returning to my friend's house, I had a strawberry cupcake filled with cream cheese from Truly Free Bakery and a Zevia diet coke. The soda was terrible. It tastes really chemical-y, like what I imagine bug killer tasting like. It has a weird after-taste. However, the cupcake was delicious so I was still very happy. :)


Photobucket


After stuffing myself with so much food on this trip, I decided to grab a sandwich at Inga's for dinner last night. I ordered the veggie burger, but then I noticed it looked like Subway's veggie patty on the sandwich. I'm pretty sure that patty contains eggs, so it's not vegan. I was already half-way done so I just finished the sub. Inga's offers lots of Zapp's flavors, so I picked Spicy Cajun Crawtaters for my chips.


Photobucket


I returned to good ol' Truly Free Bakery for breakfast today. Ordered the tofu scramble again and bought these little cinnamon rolls to go with it. The rolls were soft, gooey, and cinnamon-y. They really hit the spot. :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment