Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Fun

This weekend, I went to Loving Hut with VSOP for the final event of Texas Go Vegan Week. The people I met at the Pepper Tree event were there and we seemed to really hit if off. Yay vegan friends! I ordered the sweet and sour divine, but my partner ordered a curry dish. I can't believe how late we stayed at the restaurant! Totally missed the kickball kegger, but I'm actually OK with that. Someone called my partner to ask where people were, so I don't think the party had great attendance. That's what you get for hosting the party at a bar on Washington Street instead of in Midtown, where many people in the league live. After dinner with friends on Saturday, we watched a few more episodes of Breaking Bad. We were close to the end of what's available on Netflix, so we decided to enjoy BB instead of seeing who was left at the party. On Sunday afternoon, we used my cable account info to stream the remaining BB episodes and watch them on the tv. I can't believe how it ended. I'm glad that it was so final, but I'm a little bummed that it's over. I brought over Italian tofu (made with broth instead of wine) and pesto for sandwiches using recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance. We served the tofu on crusty bread with pesto and spinach, then had pretzels and watermelon slices on the side. Nom nom nom. Didn't get photos of the sandwiches, so I'll just share my Loving Hut photos.
 photo 9ad33565-2b57-4649-9a20-eec94f6aa5c7_zps6526e23c.jpg  photo c76cc97a-5fa9-4255-8753-fa8d0f6c664f_zps25f5ad3d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment