Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chipotle Peppers!

It is no secret that I love spicy food. I saw Isa's chipotle mac recipe and decided that I had to try it. I didn't think a big bowl of mac would make a complete meal, so I thought some tofu and broccoli would round out the meal. Whenever I buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo, I blend up the peppers with the canned sauce and aliquot 1 Tbs into ice cube trays. I freeze the cubes and then use one per pepper listed in a recipe. This is usually fine. Isa's recipe says to remove the seeds from the peppers, but I couldn't do this. My mac was much spicier than the recipe intended, but I'm OK with that. I made some chipotle BBQ sauce to go with my tofu and left it chunky. I think it would have been better blended up, but the taste was good as is. I loved this spicy meal! :)
 photo 512240e9-e588-422f-bad6-78a2af20ecce_zpse750e3f1.jpg

1 comment: