Monday, September 9, 2013

Vegan MoFo #9: Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet - Houston, TX

I recently had my AC unit replaced. The unit was leaky and mold was starting to grow. The first AC repairman showed up and switched the breaker to off, so he could tinker with the unit. After a few hours, the other AC repairmen showed up with the new unit. It was 82*F in my apartment before the new unit showed up! I was a little bummed that the first guy let the air be off for so long, it made my house almost unbearably hot. I had intentions to make dinner in the oven, but it was just too dang hot to turn on the oven. I took a shower and headed over to Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet, another suggestion from the Vegan Houston fb page. The buffet is clearly marked with little vegan logos, so it was easy to pick out what I wanted to eat without asking any questions. I ate my weight in falafel! My only complaint was that the pita bread was tough, but I was there 30 minutes before closing. I think it could be better when it's fresh from the oven. I could see Reliant stadium from the restaurant, so it would be a great place for people to stop before/after an event held at the stadium.
 photo e3caa402-a1cb-4d96-a6d5-4a8e31892597_zpsc7f9de8c.jpg  photo bee59e02-a78e-4e8a-81a2-19ab8c8f7a50_zpsa7291711.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment