Friday, September 6, 2013

Vegan MoFo #6: Pho Saigon Vietnamese - Midtown, Houston, TX

Clearly, I spend a lot of time at Vietnamese restaurants in Midtown. I know I can get vegan food there easily, regardless of who is joining me for a meal. A friend and I went to see Candlebox in Midtown recently and we stopped at Pho Saigon for a quick bite. After asking about the pho, it turns out that they use chicken broth in all the pho dishes. I requested a vegan meal of noodles, veggies, and fried tofu. The server was able to suggest a rice noodle dish, which made me very happy. The fried tofu was good! I topped my meal with sriracha and started eating before I realized I didn't take a photo. Trust me, this dish looked beautiful when presented to me, but I mixed everything together to eat it. The upside of spending so much time in Asian restaurants lately is that my chopstick skills are getting much better.
 photo fec75d16-fcb4-44bd-a1bb-d5fa3835ece5_zpsd579d2b5.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you checked about the broth - I'm actually surprised how many phở places (t least around here) DO have veggie broth optoons. I'm spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try that pho! I'll keep looking for one marked vegetarian that actually is vegan. It seems that most people don't think of broth as an animal product, but it's made by boiling animal parts for flavor. #barf

    ReplyDelete