Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vegan MoFo #24: zpizza - West U, Houston, TX

I was recently in West U to go to a craft store. I decided to swing by zpizza. I've had the Berkeley Vegan pizza in San Diego, so I knew I could get a vegan meal here. The vegan cheese seems to be something other than Daiya, possibly Follow Your Heart that they shredded. The sausage crumbles have a hint of fennel taste, so be warned if you don't like that flavor. I ordered a large pizza and made 3 meals out of it. I liked the pizza, but I do like Daiya on pizza better. I wouldn't go out of my way for z pizza when I can get other pizza closer to home, but it's good to know that the option is there on that side of town.
 photo cccb8046-6ea8-4f75-b845-7ae0514fdadd_zps0b6cb62f.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

2 comments:

  1. That's weird; it certainly *does* look like FYH on your pizza. The zPizza here in Round Rock (north of Austin) uses Daiya on their pizzas. I wonder if each location is different, or if yours just ran out and had to substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't have the same meltiness as Daiya. I think the one I visited in San Diego used Daiya. Maybe they used something else, like FYH. Either way, it was pretty good, but I think Daiya has a specific mouthfeel and this seemed different.

    ReplyDelete