Thursday, May 30, 2013

March Against Monsanto

Last Saturday, I participated in the global March Against Monsanto. I was surprised to see a couple hundred people at a protest in Houston, but it wasn't as exciting as protests I've attended in other cities. The march route was pretty short and most people weren't even chanting. Oh well. Still a fun experience with my friends. I went with a bunch of vegans, including a law student guy. We had a great conversation on the march. We had lunch at Freshii at the Galleria, a fancy mall in a wealthy area. We went out to the route and got some flyers to hold up. I got a sign from a mother who couldn't hold two signs and push a stroller. I handed the sign off to someone else when we decided to leave. Recycling at its finest! After being out in the sun, I decided to make a simple dinner - basmati rice, frozen veggies, tofu (quickly pressed), and tamari ginger sauce from The 30 Minute Vegan's Taste of the East. Quick & easy!
 photo 2cb27cf1-822b-4f66-b6cc-d70fc10213d4_zps31d42eea.jpg  photo 4ea70a26-e5fe-4550-937c-a573c0ced355_zps9cc9062b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Neat that you attended the March Against Monsanto. I didn't go myself, but I blogged about it. Hopefully more people will become aware of the food "movement" and get involved, even if just being more aware of what they are buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging about it. I don't buy all organic, but I don't eat much processed food. That seems to be where lots of Monsanto stuff ends up - in boxed foods. I think the march was a good reminder for me to try to be better about buying organic for certain produce items, like that dirty dozen list.

    ReplyDelete