Monday, March 18, 2013

Stuffed Shells Without Tofu!

When I saw this recipe for white bean stuffed shells, I knew it wouldn't be long before I made the recipe. I love stuffed shells. I've always made a tofu-based ricotta like the recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance. This recipe is written to be soy-free, but I used soy milk instead of rice milk. I cooked white beans from scratch in my little slow cooker, then drained them and let them cool so I could use the slow cooker for making marinara sauce. For the marinara sauce, I cooked the onion and garlic a little bit before adding them to the food processor and I used ~1.5 cans of crushed tomatoes. I really enjoyed this meal tonight and I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers! :)
 photo 51d927e3-d4ab-461f-b939-e57b79bca85d_zpsa3581ffc.jpg

1 comment: