Saturday, March 23, 2013

Luau Party!

Last night, my friend hosted a luau party at her house. She's renting a room in a house, so all of her housemates wanted to have a party. They decorated with leis, tiki torches, and lights on the palms in the yard. My friend marinated some tofu to make skewers, and surprisingly her non-vegan roommates didn't buy any meat to prepare! In addition to the skewers, there were two types of vegan cheese from Artisan Vegan Cheese, coconut pudding, mochi, and daiquiris. The guy that owns the house gathered up some wood from the yard and made a tiny bonfire in the driveway. We had vegan s'mores made using Dandie's vegan marshmallows, dark chocolate, and graham crackers (Nabisco Original are honey-free!). The non-vegan guests said the food was so good that they didn't even care that it was vegan! Yay! I'm going to be so sad when my friend moves in the next month or so, because she is always planning events and is a great cook. She spoils me with vegan cheeses and baked goods! I ate mostly vegan cheese and crackers, because my friend and I had Chipotle for dinner before the party started. By the time I got home and showered (smoke and bug spray smell - yuck!), it was 3 AM! I definitely did not wake up in time to go to the farmers' market for Sinfull Bakery's new vegan poptarts. Whoops! I'm sorry that I don't have more photos, but I didn't carry my phone on me after people arrived. I'm really intent on being present when I'm with people, instead of being one of those people that ignores everyone to play on the iPhone.
 photo 9c01f633-e596-400c-b3df-abca5c7ecfa2_zps77bd463d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment