Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mofo #6 - Mexican Polenta


Photobucket

For some reason, I really wanted polenta earlier this week. I have no idea where this craving came from, but I decided to go with it since I already had cornmeal that I could use. I've only cooked polenta once to serve as the crust of the tamale pie from Yellow Rose Recipes (shown here), so I decided to check out some other cookbooks and the internet for the ratio of liquid to cornmeal that I'd need. I settled on the 4 cups broth to 1 cup cornmeal from Appetite for Reduction. I topped the polenta with black beans, sauteed red pepper and onion, and avocado. Reminded me of Mexican flavors. Overall, tasty and satisfying as I was curled up watching tv trying to fight off this stuffy nose.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment