Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mofo #5 - Real Food Daily in Los Angeles, CA


Photobucket

On Thursday, I took the bus from my friend's house to Real Food Daily. The great thing about the LA bus system is that you can go to their website and put in your information (starting location, destination, and desired walking distance). It will generate a list of possible bus routes you can take. After looking over the menu, I decided to take my server's suggestion and ordered the monthly special - The Al Capone (seitan parmesan with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans). The seitan parmesan had lots of diced veggies underneath the Daiya cheese, but I was most surprised to see capers. I don't cook with capers at home, so it was a pleasant surprise to eat something different. The seitan parmesan was awesome, the mashed potatoes weren't garlicky enough for a garlic fiend like myself, and the green beans had a nice crunch to them. I ordered the brownie bowl for dessert. The brownies had chocolate chips in them and were served with vanilla hemp-based ice cream. However, the brownies were drier and denser than I would have preferred, but the ice cream was pretty good.


Photobucket

Photobucket

From the restaurant, I was able to take a different bus to the LA County Museum of Art for their Tim Burton exhibit and the La Brea tar pit. Cameras aren't allowed in the Tim Burton exhibit, so I unfortunately don't have anything to show for my trip there. The exhibit was really interesting and I paid extra for the audio tour (you rent out an iPod Touch and headphones to listen to commentary and interviews as you walk through the exhibit). Next to LACMA is the La Brea tar pit and its museum. I didn't pay to enter the tar pit museum, but did get to see the tar pit. Not as exciting as I'd expected, but it was nice to walk around the park and soak up some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment