Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mofo #18 - Haute Pockets


Photobucket

I've never eaten Hot Pockets or Ramen noodles. I know, you'd think I never went to college. I always thought the concept of Hot Pockets is a good one - a meal you can hold in your hands that doesn't require silverware. I love burritos and calzones, so a Hot Pocket should logically be loved too. When I saw the recipe for Haute Pockets (get it, haute/hot) in Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites, I wanted to make it right away. I kept putting it off because it required puff pastry dough. Although puff pastry dough isn't as scary as phyllo dough, I was still afraid I'd rip the dough sheet and ruin everything. However, today, I proved myself wrong! The dough sheets were sturdier than I expected, so I successfully made Haute Pockets. They contain homemade sausages (recipe in the book), sauce with a little kick, and broccoli. A few of them leaked, because I had a hard time closing the edges with a fork. I enjoyed munching on these tonight as I was watching tv (so cliche for an American, I know). I tried really hard to get a picture of the filling after I took a bite, but the photo looked terrible due to poor indoor light quality.

Photobucket

Here are the sausages, so you can see their cute mini-size.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't go wrong with meals that you can hold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those look awesome. I really need Hearty Vegan Meals!

    ReplyDelete