Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mofo #1 - Simmzy's in Manhattan Beach, CA


Photobucket

On Saturday night, we went out to dinner at Simmzy's, a little gastropub in Manhattan Beach. They focus on gourmet burgers, craft beers, and small production wines. I was delighted to see a non-beef burger on the menu. There was The Hummus Burger made of chickpeas, couscous, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and shiitake mushrooms. It was topped with pickled veggies only, since I requested to omit the dill mayo. I ordered sweet potatoes fries as the side. I also enjoyed the Sugar Snap Peas in Red Dragon Sauce - tasty!! I really enjoyed this meal, plus the weather was lovely. Since Simmzy's is open to the outdoors, it was perfect that the weather was cool and there was a light breeze. The lighting was not optimal for photos, so my burger photo is not nearly as appetizing-looking as it should be.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment