Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homemade Black Bean Burgers

I used this recipe as an inspiration for these burgers. I soaked 1 cup of dried black beans, which produces a little more than 2 cups when cooked. I used ~1/2 cup of matchstick carrots, 1/2 green bell pepper, 1 white onion, several cloves of garlic, and ~1 cup of panko bread crumbs. I put everything in the food processor, even the beans, to ensure that I'd get a mash to form patties. I got 8 patties with all these ingredients, instead of the 4 shown in the recipe. I used the seasonings from the original recipe, but I think the cumin was the only flavor I could taste. I baked them until they were dry/firm enough to lift off the parchment paper without falling apart. I served these on whole wheat buns with sweet potato tots and mixed vegetables.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment