Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Brunch

I didn't set my alarm clock this weekend, so I ended up sleeping WAY later than I expected. I took it as a sign that I was more tired than I realized and I decided to skip the gym. Sleeping in was the perfect start to a relaxing weekend to recover from crazy work hours over the last week. I made a turnover-style treat and smoothies for my brunch. I started with a GoodBelly Big Shot. I saw some of these products reviewed on VeganCrunk (post here), so I bought the Big Shots when I saw them at the health food store. I don't really like the vanilla chamomile flavor, but they're small enough that I just chug it. You have to shake them really well to ensure that everything is in solution. I made cheater turnovers using crescent rolls, Galaxy soy cream cheese, and raspberry preserves (1 tsp/turnover). These were such a nice treat for brunch - totally not healthy, but very fun to make and eat. You can see I bit off the corner of two in the photo, because I wanted to make sure the dough was cooked all the way. I was concerned that the recommended cooking time might be short because of the filling, but they cooked perfectly at 375*C for 12 mins. I made smoothies using a cup of Almond Plus milk, two frozen bananas, and strawberry almond yogurt. I bought the strawberry flavors of Amande and Almond Dream yogurts, which are made from almond milk. I thought the texture of Amande was weird and the Almond Dream was too sweet. I had intended to just eat the yogurt, but I decided to make smoothies instead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Eating yogurt that have probiotics organisms such as bacteria or yeast that are believed to improve health. They help keep the intestines healthy and assist in digesting food. They are also believed to help the immune system. Just like Yakult extremely popular probiotic drink in Asia.

    ReplyDelete