Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quesadillas

I decided to use up the last of the dried pinto beans I had in my pantry. Soaked them on Saturday night, cooked them in the slow cooker on Sunday, and made them into low-fat refried beans yesterday. I used the recipe from Appetite for Reduction. The secret to the low-fat beans is tomato sauce instead of oil. I also made the nacho cheesy sauce from The 30 Minute Vegan. I layered the beans, cheesy sauce, sliced mini sweet peppers, and green onions in the tortillas. I folded them over and popped them into the oven at 350*F. When one side looked crispy, I flipped them and waited for the new top side to also look crispy. I served these with a dollop of spicy guacamole. I bought the 100 calorie packs by Wholly Guacamole, because I can use a little guacamole without worrying about the rest turning brown or going bad.

IMG_0869

No comments:

Post a Comment