Monday, February 20, 2012

Simplified Gumbo

It's Lundi Gras and I wanted gumbo. I decided to take a shortcut though. I made a simple roux with 1/8 cup of olive oil and 1/8 cup of flour. I used my new garlic tools to mince some garlic, which I tossed in the roux. Then I added a bag of Publix frozen gumbo mix and a cup of vegetable broth. I knew the gumbo would need seasoning, so I turned to the internet to figure out what seasonings go in gumbo. I found this recipe, so I used these spices, but I should note that I didn't use sherry. I had some tofu that I had frozen, defrosted, and pressed. I tossed the tofu in with everything else to simmer, then started some rice in the rice cooker. This is definitely NOT traditional, but the elements are there. That's all I really wanted today. I walked around ArtiGras today, so I wanted a simple dinner after the sun exposure. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment