Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Irish Nachos

Yeah, these aren't exactly health food, but they were a fun meal. The last couple days have been rainy and dreary, ultimately making me feel blahhh. I'm spoiled by the Florida sunshine, so I get bummed out when it's gloomy. [Yet another reason why I'm having a hard time finding the perfect postdoc - I *need* sunshine in my life.] I decided to make these "nachos" from the Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites cookbook. Sweet potato waffle fries topped with a nutritional yeast-based cheesy sauce, Tofutti soy sour cream, fake bacon bits (you know, those crunchy Bac-o things you find by the salad dressings at the store), avocado, green onions, jalapeno slices, diced tomatoes, and some TVP flavored with taco seasonings. The TVP wasn't in the original recipe, but it seemed weird to not include TVP or beans. I just didn't have any beans cooked up to use.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment