Thursday, February 9, 2012

BOGO faux meats

Yep, you read that right! Publix is having buy one get one specials on Gardein and Morningstar Farms faux meats. All of Gardein's products are vegan, but only select Morningstar Farms items are vegan (shown here). If you sign up for Gardein's newsletter on facebook and/or go to their website, you can get a $1 off one item coupon. The Morningstar Farms site also has a $1 off one item coupon, but I didn't see that until just now (darn!). These are great to combine with the BOGO sale, because you save even more! :)

You know, I always feel like a "bad" vegan when I have a basket full of processed vegan foods because I feel like it makes the cashier and other customers think that vegans only eat faux products. I really do eat well most days, but I couldn't resist stocking up a little with this sale. There are always days where I just want to crash after work, so cooking for more than 15 minutes is out of the question. These convenience items are great for days like that. Like today, when I made some whole wheat pasta with the meatballs and made a salad while everything was cooking. I also snagged some Back to Nature chocolate chunk cookies, which are a slightly drier version of Chips Ahoy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment