Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garlic Lovers' Anonymous

I *love* garlic. It might almost be an unhealthy love. If I see 2 cloves called for in a recipe, I'll use 6. I'm addicted. Today, my institute had its annual community outreach day. The first year, which was 2009, was hosted on our brand new campus. The organizer, our education outreach coordinator, said she would never do it again. However, in 2010, the local mall requested that we hold our outreach event at the mall. The mall has been generous enough to give each volunteer a $25 gift card. In 2010, my ex and I combined ours towards a Breville blender purchase at Williams Sonoma. In 2011, I bought an oil and candy thermometer. I have yet to use that, but I would like to have one for double checking my deep fryer's temp and for the day I am crazy enough to try making homemade candy. This year, I bought a garlic zoom and a garlic peeler. Williams Sonoma is one of my favorite places to wander around, so it's no surprise that I've used all of my gift cards there. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment