Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tofu Parm

I put some tofu in my Tofu Xpress this morning with no idea what to make with it tonight. I looked at several recipes on my Pinterest, but I decided to just stick to one that didn't require a trip to the store. I settled on tofu parm served over whole wheat pasta. I used wheat bread crumbs (the Whole Foods' 365 store brand), nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese, and skipped adding a vegan shredded cheese to the top before baking. I also used plain soy milk and cornstarch to dip the tofu in before breading. I learned this technique on Oh She Glows here. I think this would be much better if the tofu was marinated first, perhaps with the Italian tofu marinade from Vegan with a Vengeance.
 photo b9cc9f2a-df69-41c9-a393-3633ee41d93b_zps61901c0f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment