Monday, February 18, 2013

Lunar New Year with Mousse Pie

I went to a friend's house for lunch last weekend for Lunar New Year. She made a chili (well, a stew since it was too runny), gluten-free vanilla muffins with nuts, and Loh Mai Chi (a glutinous rice flour ball with sesame seeds inside and coconut on the outside). One of our other friends brought the savory foods - marinated mushrooms, bell peppers, and olives. My friend invited someone new too. He brought fruit and a gluten-free & vegan chocolate cake from Whole Foods, but we were too stuffed to open the cake. I brought the dessert that we did eat - chocolate strawberry truffle pie! I made the pie using my Vitamix, but I did presoak the cashews for a few hours. I made the crust using the fudge babies recipe, just adding 1 Tbs cacao powder to the mix. This was extremely delicious and we all enjoyed it. I will definitely try more of CCK's pie recipes. I also made Oh She Glow's coconut whipped cream to top the pie. Yum!
 photo 6013f532-fcaf-4bfc-959b-f35c1406eabc_zps70dbb33b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment