Sunday, February 24, 2013

General Tso's Tofu

I came home from work last week wondering what to cook for dinner. I popped some rice in the rice cooker, adding some frozen broccoli to the steaming basket close to the end of the cooking time. I pressed my tofu for a few minutes using my Tofu Xpress, then decided to make this General Tso's recipe after a quick look at my Pinterest Tofu board. I love sauces and this was a simple sauce to put together. I used my Microplane tool to grate the ginger and garlic. I keep a chunk of ginger in the freezer for quick recipes like this. I tried to fry my tofu using coconut oil, which made it crispy but it didn't get the golden color I wanted. That golden color would have been there if I used vegetable oil, but I wanted to try using coconut oil (one of my 2013 resolutions).
 photo 76330d8f-ec31-4ceb-bca3-6529333e24b4_zpsa5a112bf.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment