Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jerk Burgers with Pineapple

I knew this recipe for jerk burgers with pineapple was perfect for me. They have white beans, sweet potatoes, and other goodies I like. They do require a little planning. I soaked my beans overnight, then cooked them in my crockpot until they were tender. I made the rice and baked the sweet potato, as well as cooking the beans, a day before I planned to make the burgers. I did all that prep work on a weekend day, making it easy to make these burgers after work the next day. I could have made the burgers in advance too, but I got tired of being in the kitchen so much on a Sunday. I threw some pineapple and onion slices in a skillet with jerk seasoning and a quick spray of olive oil. Don't judge me for using those little skinny buns, they were all that was left in the store. They're quite good, but I normally don't buy the skinny buns.

IMG_0215

No comments:

Post a Comment