Thursday, July 28, 2011

Recreating an Old Favorite

When I was in high school, my mom used to work really late a lot because she'd be on overtime at the hospital. One of my favorite dinners to make when I was home by myself was chicken and dumplings, which was a boxed meal containing two cans of chicken and vegetables in gravy and a bag of biscuit mix to be mixed with water. I loved it and would frequently eat the entire thing by myself. It was not the healthiest choice, I'm sure, but I enjoyed that meal every single time.

When I saw a vegetable and dumplings recipe in Vegan Diner, I was so excited to re-create an old favorite dish. The book suggests adding seitan or soy curls for a heartier dish, but I opted for cubed tofu as the protein source. I absolutely loved this recipe! It was so wonderful to have a wonderful, healthy version of dumplings!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment