Saturday, July 30, 2011

All American Dinner

I pre-ordered Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites months before it was released without a clue of what would be in the book. The title grabbed my attention - I have a monster appetite! After marking several recipes to try, I decided to start with the jalapeno hot dogs and baked five-cheese macaroni and cheese. The hot dogs are made from TVP and gluten, then stuffed with Daiya cheese. The five cheese macaroni and cheese has a parmesan cheese-style topping that was another recipe in the book. Very tasty. The book recommends mixing in peas, broccoli, or green beans. I did end up mixing my peas into the macaroni and cheese - nom nom nom. I served this with a side of baked beans since I had some northern beans that were waiting patiently to be used for baked beans. For dessert, I decided to bake some cookies using some items taking up space in my pantry, therefore I ended up with almond butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment