Sunday, July 24, 2011

Darbster - Lake Worth, FL

I went to Darbster *finally* last night. Guess who else was there? Steve-O! Yay! I didn't approach him because I wasn't sure if that would be rude, but it was great to see him. I knew he had gone vegan in 2009, but I didn't realize he had sobered up. He looked so much better than he did on Jackass. He's been clean and sober since 2008, so that's awesome! :)

Anyways, after being star-struck, my friend Sarah and I were seated at an outside table. The whole restaurant is open, but we didn't want to sit under the covered part. I wanted the better lighting for photos.

To start, we ordered a couple microbrew rootbeers and appetizers. I had fried hearts of palm with a remoulade sauce, which the waitress said was similar to crab cakes. I've never had a crab cake so I had to try it. It was so tasty! Sarah ordered an avocado-based gazpacho, which had an unusual taste to it. Perhaps from the mushrooms? She didn't finish it.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


For our entrees, I ordered the quinoa and root loaf with a porcini gravy, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, and asparagus, whereas Sarah ordered the tomato flax sandwich from the raw menu. You can't see the dehydrated flax-onion bread for the sandwich, but it is there.


Photobucket

Photobucket


For dessert, we split a piece of peanut butter cheesecake. We asked for Disaronno cheesecake, but we're certain we received a peanut butter cheesecake. There was no hint of almond, but instead a hint of peanut butter taste. This cheesecake is tofu-based, which made it much tastier than just using a ton of soy cream cheese.


Photobucket


I have to admit that I ordered a side of mac and cheese, which happened to be gluten-free. I've never tried gluten-free pasta, probably for the best since the texture was gross. I was expecting a nutritional yeast sauce, but this was just covered in Daiya. Not worth the couple bucks, but I have to try vegan mac and cheese at every place I go that offers it.


Photobucket


Overall, Darbster was great and I'd like to return to try more dishes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment