Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Delights!

Last night, I went to see Limitless and get sorbet with my friend Sarah. For sorbet, we went to Fro-Yotopia in Downtown at the Gardens. They always have one dairy-free sorbet flavor. The flavor changes because it was strawberry kiwi this time and it was mixed berry last time I was there. I topped mine with diced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, shredded coconut, and a tiny sprinkle of chopped peanuts. So, so good. There are several other fro-yo places in the area to check out, including Menchie's on PGA, Red Mango in Abacoa, and the new place (whose name I cannot find) on A1A and Hood.


Photobucket


This morning, I went to Jupiter Outdoor Center for stand-up paddle-boarding (SUP, as it's lovingly abbreviated) with the Network for Women in Science group! It was awesome! I admit, I was a slow learner on the steering. I crashed into two mangrove trees before I finally figured it out. I was one of the slower paddlers, but I still had fun.


Photobucket


After that, I met up with Jess and we went to the beach to hang out with a few other friends. Because of all this sun exposure, I did not feel like putting forth the effort to bike to Publix to get vegetable broth to make enchiladas. Instead, I opted to defrost some leftover seitan cutlets (recipe from American Vegan Kitchen) and make a stir-fry. I popped some jasmine rice into the rice cooker (1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water!), then got out a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies to heat in the wok. I made my favorite homemade sweet and sour sauce to go with it. This took maybe 10 minutes to prepare, so the longest step was waiting on the rice to cook. Nom nom nom.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment