Friday, April 12, 2013

Chana Saag

I came from work earlier this week only to realize that I hadn't set out beans to soak and cook for this recipe. I walked to the grocery store and bought two cans of chickpeas. This Chana Saag recipe is from the Forks Over Knives Cookbook. It only calls for two cups cooked chickpeas or one 15 oz can. I decided to use two cans, as well as two jalapenos and two tomatoes. The cookbook is oil-free, but I decided to saute in a little coconut oil instead of water. I also added the shredded carrots left from the moo shu tofu dish. I put everything into the biggest pot I own so that all the spinach would fit. The spinach released a lot of water into the pot, so it seemed too liquidy with the non-dairy milk called for in the recipe. I served this over basmati rice.
 photo f440dd2d-e95c-445a-9072-63768e983d5e_zps2fcc9e1d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment