Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mellow Mushroom!

I *love* Mellow Mushroom! They have awesome food - pizza, build-your-own calzones, and sandwiches. I went there FOUR times over my trip home. I had two pizzas, a spinach-mushroom calzone, and a tofu hoagie. They have Daiya vegan cheese! I remembered to take pictures of the pizzas, but it was hard to get an appealing picture of the calzone. I loved the Thai Dye pizza, but the Mega-Veggie was also very, very good. The Thai Dye pizza has an "Olive oil and garlic base, all natural grilled curry chicken, mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes, onions. Topped with fresh basil, cucumbers and a sweet swirl of Thai chili sauce." It mentions on the menu that curry tofu can be substituted to make the pizza vegetarian, so I did that and substituted Daiya. The mega-veggie pizza is "Red sauce base with feta and mozzarella cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olives, Roma tomatoes, broccoli, banana peppers, artichoke hearts and tofu." I just switched out the cheeses for Daiya.
IMG_0501-2 IMG_0587


Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment