Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Curried Chickpeas & Kale

This recipe for curried chickpeas and greens is from Appetite for Reduction. It was a simple recipe, but I did soak and cook dried chickpeas instead of using canned beans. It's interesting that the cookbook notes that eating enough servings of kale can serve as a source of Omega-3 fatty acids. You can see here that there are ~121 mg Omega-3s in one cup of kale, and people with a history of heart disease need ~1 g Omega-3s per day (here). It's not the most abundant source, but I was surprised. I think of vegan sources of Omega-3s as flaxseed, walnuts, and certain oils (although I wouldn't use oils as my source). Anyways, this was pretty satisfying over a portion of quinoa.
480699_10102665364824373_1133537104_n

No comments:

Post a Comment