Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Resolutions

I didn't make many resolutions for 2012, just to lose the extra weight I gained during 2011's "weight-gaining diet of champions." I lost most of that weight last year, mostly since moving to Houston. I'd say I'm close to my goal, just a little bit left to go.

This year, I'd like to make some more resolutions:

(1) Return to being active. Even in the winter. I stopped running a couple months ago when the temps dropped so low. I can use my treadmill, even though it is really loud and scares the cats, or do some of the fitness videos on the On Demand tv menu. OR I can quit being a baby and go out in the cold. Just being active should be enough to shake those last few pounds.

(2) Better manage my money. This has been pretty easy for me most of my adult life, but the last couple months have been difficult to keep my budget in line. Now that I have a car payment to make every month, I need to better manage my money so I still have a tiny bit for a social life and to start saving again.

(3) Join some social activity groups. The vegan group is nice, but it's not physically active. I probably will put this off until the summertime, but I think it's important to meet people through group activities where I can get to know them a little before inviting them into my life.

(4) Make some progress in my research and determining a career direction.

(5) Dietary changes - Eat more leafy greens. Eat less sugar and palm oil (the main ingredient in vegan margarines, also found in lots of other processed foods). Even though I don't use a lot of oil in my cooking anymore, I'd like to switch to coconut oil when I do want to use oil. Quit drinking Coke Zero daily (a bad habit from thesis writing).

OK, I'm typing this up today because I was still at home on vacation on the 1st. Today is the day that I start my resolutions. I did a tv workout this afternoon when I got home from work and I made a chili using leafy greens. Happy new year, everyone! I'll be back to posting about food tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment