Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lunch Potluck & Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

I had lunch at a friend's today for a housewarming. She recently moved, so it was great to see how peaceful her new place is. One of her new housemates joined us and said she was really impressed by the food. Of course, only the best food comes out of my friend's kitchen! I didn't get a chance to make anything last night to be able to bring to the party. I worked all day, then I had a friend coming over to make pizza. I had planned to bake some cupcakes, but I didn't want to be in the middle of baking cupcakes when my other friend arrived expecting to pop a pizza into the oven. We topped our pizza with sauteed mushrooms, marinated tofu (the Italian marinade from Vegan with a Vengeance), Daiya mozzarella, a jarred roasted garlic and herbs sauce, and I put Kalamata olive slices on my half. I totally cheated and bought the dough from the Whole Foods pizzeria. Anyways, back to the potluck! Check out this plate - lentil soup, mac and cheese, raw zucchini noodles with avocado sauce, kale salad, and walnut-mushroom pate with homemade bread. The walnut-mushroom pate recipe is from Veganomicon. We had a pineapple upside-down cake for dessert!
67928_10102660017794863_2041219617_n 554299_10102660017884683_1341774498_n

No comments:

Post a Comment