Sunday, January 29, 2012

Snackin' on 9th Ave. in San Francisco, CA

When I have to visit a new place, I try to drive over in advance so I can ensure that I'll be on time on the correct day. When I knew that I'd have to go to the UCSF Parnassus campus, I went over there the day in advance. Once I found the campus, I continued driving down to 9th Avenue. I wanted a sweet snack and some fresh air to try to resolve the headache I had, thinking it might help. I parked and walked down to Arizmendi Bakery and Holy Gelato. I bought a mint chocolate cookie and an apricot almond cookie from Arizmendi that I saved for another day during my trip. The mint chocolate cookie was better than the apricot almond cookie, which explains why it was so highly recommended on QuarryGirl. I did enjoy two little scoops of vegan gelato from Holy Gelato. They have 12 flavors available, apparently made from coconut milk. I had a scoop of coconut and a scoop of chocolate with mini chocolate chips and marshmallows (Charlie Brown's Snow Monster flavor, haha). Both were quite good, but I had to sit in the sunshine wearing my jacket to enjoy a cold treat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PS: I found out about both of these spots from Katie, who commented on my blog recently after her trip to SF. See, vegan blogging does something important. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment