Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Millennium - San Francisco, CA

I decided to treat myself on my first night in SF by going to Millennium. It's supposed to be one of the best vegan restaurants in the country. I saw online that a 5 course tasting meal was available, so I selected that. My server brought me an extra appetizer since I picked most of the dishes I wanted. The meal is supposed to be selected by the server, but I had an idea of what I wanted before arriving. I might be able to get this meal reimbursed, which would be nice because it was expensive! So worth the money though. It's not everyday I get to eat a meal like this. The pictures aren't the best because the lighting wasn't great and I didn't want to disturb other diners with a camera flash.

Course 1: crunchy Indian flatbread with fried chickpeas, avocado, and grapefruit slice
Photobucket
Course 2: Seared Potato Gnocchi - vanilla braised fennel & celery root, sherried pumpkin cashew cream (tasted more like mustard), sweet pepperonata, fried sage
Photobucket
Course 3: Black Bean Torte - whole wheat tortilla, caramelized plantains, smoky black bean puree, pumpkin-habanero papazul (what?), cashew sour cream, cara cara salad
Photobucket
Course 4: Pumpkin Tamale - pozole rojo with pinquito beans & corn hominy, braised greens & brussel sprouts, red wine-chocolate mole, avocado, radish & jicama salad
Photobucket
Course 5: Tempeh - tempeh (braised?) with curry glaze/coconut sauce (?), spicy peanuts, bok choy, and brussel sprouts
Photobucket
Course 6: Dessert Medley - truffles, cookies, dark chocolate pecan pie with coconut sorbet, chocolate mousse pie
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment