Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012!

I rang in the New Year with my mom. We had a little movie marathon. She had a simple cheese pizza she made at the house, but I had leftover tofu tacos. I cooked the tofu with bell peppers, onions, garlic (I'm addicted!), and a dash of cumin. I topped the tofu tacos with lettuce and Daiya cheese. I now know that I have to be careful on the quantity of Daiya cheese that I eat. All that coconut oil makes me feel bloated. We made lemonade with fresh squeezed lemon juice too. We watched a couple movies and caught the ball drop in NYC on CNN.

Photobucket


Today, I returned to work, not realizing that it was a paid holiday. Two of my labmates were there, so I got to catch up with them. I also talked to my boss. We agreed that I am not doing any more experiments because I need to focus on writing and finding a postdoc. My paper should be submitted this week or next. He said he would continue to employ me if I can't line up a postdoc before graduation, so I have a last resort source of income. Woohoo! That was a great, short meeting. I spent the morning and early afternoon writing emails to prospective advisors, which garnered a few replies of "no funding - sorry." Ugh. Disheartening, but I'll keep trying. I spent the rest of the day meal planning & grocery shopping, unpacking, and watching Mob Wives. I made the Greek tofu scramble from Vegan Diner, adding a couple diced pepperoncinis and a little bit of the Sunergia soy feta lurking in my fridge. I thought I'd serve it with hash browns, but the Alexia sweet potato tots were calling my name at Publix!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment